The University College Cork, Ireland offers Masters scholarships for students from developing countries on the 2020/21 intake of the MSc Food Security Policy and Management in Ireland.
‘Food insecurity and malnutrition present enormous challenges worldwide, with one in three of the world’s population experiencing malnutrition,’ says Dr Nick Chisholm, director of the MSc programme. ‘Climate change is adding to the severity of the challenge.’
‘There is an urgent need to expand the capacity to tackle these problems through well-designed policies and programme interventions.
University College Cork MSc Food Security Policy and Management Scholarship Details
Scholarships Hosting University: University College Cork, Ireland
Degree Level: MSc Degree Programs
Scholarship Country: Ireland
Duration: 1 year
To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must be applied for a place on;
- MSc in Food Security Policy and Management programme
Worth of Award
The scholarships include;
- tuition fees,
- return airfare to Ireland,
- and a stipend of €1,000 per month for a year.
To be eligible for the scholarships;
- Be a citizen from developing countries
- Students must first be offered a place on the MSc in Food Security Policy and Management by applying via the PAC portal.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic CUBS program
- Demonstrate an excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
How to Apply
Applicants for the scholarships should apply by email to Ms Niamh Kiely (email@example.com), using the subject heading ‘MSc Food Security Scholarships’, with the following:
- Evidence that they have applied online to the MSc Food Security Policy and Management;
- A motivational statement (max. 300 words) outlining their suitability to be considered for a scholarship;
- Contact details of two referees.
The PAC portal to apply for a place on the MSc in Food Security Policy and Management.
Entry requirements for the programme can be found on the programme page at https://www.ucc.ie/en/ckl04/
Deadline: Application closes Friday, May 29, 2020.