The University of Kent is offering a scholarship for a 3-year PhD to research one or more key topics in the field of adult social care. The scholarship aims to develop applied health and social care research across the region for the benefit of patients and the public.
A range of support is available, from more conventional care home and home care services to more innovative forms of person-centred support, drawing on the support of the local community, involving new technology and housing solutions. Social care in England is often delivered by private and voluntary sector organisations, in markets, with a mix of public and private funding.
PhD offers the chance for research to make a real contribution from a variety of disciplines – including, for example, economics, psychology, social policy, health sciences and implementation sciences – and on a variety of topics. The programme also includes cross-cutting themes that relate to social care, including digital innovation, co-production, public health, and health and social care economics.
University of Kent PhD Scholarship Details
Host University: University of Kent
Degree Type: PhD
Eligible Countries: International
- tuition fees at the standard postgraduate home/EU (£4,407 per annum plus an annual maintenance stipend £15,009 per annum.
- an annual Research Training Support allowance of £200 to cover conference attendance, training courses, equipment and books. The research studentship will be linked to the ARC KSS academy.
- have the opportunity to link with other PhD students and academic colleagues in the ARC KSS programme (and potentially in related programmes).
- students who are enthusiastic about research and can become part of the research communities within ARC KSS and the University of Kent.
- Applicants will need an excellent (minimum 2:1) undergraduate degree and a good Masters in a relevant discipline (equivalent to merit or distinction with a substantial research training component, or be willing to undertake additional research methods training), or have an equivalent health or social care related postgraduate training course at Master’s level.
How to apply
Informal enquiries regarding the application process and studying for a PhD should be made to Professor Julien Forder.
Visit the Official Website for more details
- Kotzen Scholarships at Simmons University 2021 | Fully Funded
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2020 | Fully Funded
- University of Nebraska Omaha Scholarships 2020
- Monash University Silver Jubilee PhD Scholarship 2021 (Fully Funded)
- University of Sussex Morris and Bessie Emanuel PhD Scholarship
- University of Leeds Scholarships for Masters Students
- Fairleigh Dickinson University Scholarships For International Students 2020
- University of Queensland PhD Scholarship for International Students 2020/21
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) at Universities Canada 2020