The University of Otago offers research Master’s scholarships to support students during the thesis part of a research Master’s degree (pre-thesis papers are not covered by these scholarships), or those studying for a coursework Master’s that does not have a thesis component. Find out more about the different Masters’ options, and how to get started, below.
The University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship provides funding to support international Master’s students studying at the University of Otago. This scholarship is offered by the University to applicants from outside New Zealand.
University of Otago International Master’s Scholarships Details
Host Institution: University of Otago, New Zealand
Eligible Group: International
Degree Level: Research Master’s degree Program
Duration: (1-year full-time enrolment) -Depend upon the program you choose
The scholarship consists of;
- NZ$15,000 stipend per annum
- a tuition fee waiver for 1 year capped at the domestic rate for Master’s study (excludes student services fee and insurance)
Applicants must be:
- Obtaining their first Master’s qualification
- International students
- Have completed the application for admission to a masters programme
- Undertaking a thesis-based Master’s
- Willing to stay in New Zealand
- on academic good and the potential for research.
How to apply
Applications are made online through the eVision portal. Consult our list of scholarship types (PDF, 30KB), and choose the right one for your Otago Master’s degree.
Applications for Research Master’s scholarships should occur either:
- when applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programme, inviting you to apply for a scholarship; or,
- just before the thesis component is about to begin (usually at the start of the second year for a master’s degree by papers and thesis) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after enrolling in your thesis paper.
For more details, visit the University Official website
Deadline: Applicants can apply anytime