World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) is a new program merged from World Bank and International Finance Corporation into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
World Bank Group Young Professionals Program Details
Eligible Group: All qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability
Duration: The WBG YPPis a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include
- health, life and accident insurance,
- a pension plan and
- possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies, Products, and Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management-supported rotations & job placements
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
*Graduate degree requirements:
For WB placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by June 30, 2020, or a Ph.D. before September 2021
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 2021
**Professional experience requirements:
For WB placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in a continued study at the doctoral level
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance, and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development, and consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication, and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
Young Professionals Program Business Areas
YPs are placed into several priority areas of the WBG business. To be eligible for the WBG YPP, candidates must demonstrate experience in at least one of the topics listed below.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Academic Credentials*
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations. **Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
- Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment w/ Expected Graduation Date, or Transcript.
Question 1 In 500 words or less, please tell us what inspires you to work at the World Bank Group and why you would be a good fit for the WBG YPP. You may incorporate your personal and professional experience (area of expertise, region, or sector) in your answer.
Question 2 In 500 words or less, please share your thoughts on the value of the new World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and why joint WBG solutions (public, public-private & private) to development challenges are so important.
How to Apply:
The WBG YPP offers Young Professionals a unique opportunity to work on the frontlines of international development. Candidates should be willing to relocate to field-based assignments, especially those supporting client countries experiencing Fragility, Conflict, and Violence (FCV) and other challenging environments.
Visit the Official Webpage for more details
Deadline: Applications open June 1-30 for all profiles & re-open August 17-September 21 for IFC and MIGA profiles.